Implementation of a Video Marketing Strategy comes after the creation of the video. Before creation comes strategy. In the previous two blogs, we have discussed how to develop a Successful Video Marketing Strategy and how to create videos for the sales funnel in different categories.
When we talk about the implementation of video, the foremost thing to do is: “video optimization.
Now the question comes, what is video optimization?
It is a process of improving viewers’ experience by incorporating a certain useful set of technologies. These technologies help in treating a video’s starting time and rebuffering the events. For example, A YouTube timestamp is a way to link to a specific moment in the video. Often, users bounce or navigate away from video content if it is not up to their expectations. By adding a timestamp, you can improve retention by directing users to the most relevant portion of the video from the outset. Since most YouTube users expect to consume video content in short segments, this is especially helpful for longer videos.
Not only do timestamps improve the viewer experience, but also serve as a video SEO hack. Since both YouTube and Google reward their use.
YouTube videos rank based on audience watch time and audience retention. Therefore, when a user clicks on timestamp, YouTube actually logs this as two views-once for the initial click on the video and once for the second click to the specific time-stamped moment in the video. This is a bonus that helps your video rank higher in search results over time.
Consequently, the Optimization of video plays a huge role in improving your SEO. And ranking your website on the top of Google SERPs by putting proper keywords, tags, optimizing titles, and description with relevant keywords.
Video optimization is done by keeping in mind the platform for which video is created. Once the platform is selected, the size of the video can be decided. The interesting fact is that a video can be given any shape.
For An Instant, Video Optimization Of Shape Is Generally Done In Two Ways
1. Convert horizontal video into square or vertical.
2. Choose square and vertical templates directly.
Now the question comes, how you will pre-decide that you have to choose what templates?
Square videos are more appealing on social media, like Facebook posts, Instagram posts are majorly watched on mobile. When you have horizontal video, it can be easily optimized into squares by leaving space on the top and bottom in the square video template. Use the above leftover space for the marketing banner and the bottom for captions.
Likewise, rectangular horizontal videos are optimized for YouTube, Google Ads, and Vimeo. In reality, square videos take 70% more space on the screen than horizontal video on a mobile screen. Thus more appealing for mobile users. However, Youtube doesn’t provide square optimization yet. Hence horizontal videos work great on youtube, Vimeo, and google.
Supposedly, if you already know that you have to resolve a query of your audience through stories, you can choose a vertical template. Furthermore, vertical rectangle videos are more appealing for Facebook stories, Instagram stories, Instagram IGTV, and LinkedIn stories.
As we have discussed in detail about the shape, size of video optimization. Also, we talked about how optimization can impact your SEO and SERP’S. Now, furthermore, we will be discussing video optimization for each and every platform individually and separately.
How To Do Video Optimization For Youtube
You can do basic video optimization by yourself by following these points.
🟢Use long-tail keywords in title: Long-tail keywords are search terms with relatively high specific search volume and low competition levels. Also, long-tail keywords tend to be longer in length (3+ words) than most other keyword types. For example; “how to do video optimization”, is a specific and long-tail keyword. Whereas, “video optimization” is a short tail keyword.
🟢Provide description: A video description is a text that helps viewers find your content details. It is a piece of metadata that helps YouTube understand the content of a video. A well-optimized description leads to a higher ranking of a video in a YouTube search. Also, you put the timestamp information in the description of the video on YouTube.
* Timestamp: Timestamp links improve your viewers’ experience by making videos skim-able, so they can quickly find and click on the content they need when searching via Google or YouTube.
🟢Provide thumbnail: It is a preview of the video. It defines the overall conclusion of the video. The more attractive thumbnail you create, the more chances of clickability increase on your video.
🟢Use tags: Video Tags give YouTube, context about your video. Tags are considered vital for ranking factors in YouTube’s search algorithm. They give Google and YouTube information about video content, including your topic, category, etc. The best practice to use tags is to always use them as the first tag or target keyword. For example, suppose your video is about “wildlife in Jim Corbett National Park”, use wildlife in Jim Corbett National Park as your first and primary tag.
🟢Provide a call to action in the first 10 seconds of the video.
*Useful Tip:” For Higher Engagement On Videos, Give The Most Important Information At The Beginning Of The Video, Let Say In The First 10-15 Seconds. And Immediately After That, Give A Call To Action.”
Another great place to call to action is on the top and bottom of the video. Also, provide a call to action in the description of the video.
⭕Use hashtags in description: Video hashtags improve the video’s discoverability on its platform. Video hashtags are always preferable to be added to video titles and descriptions that denote a video’s topic or category. For instance, you put a hashtag #trendingstyle on a video title or description. There are chances that when people watch any other video with the same hashtag, your video may appear in the suggested video.
⭕Bonus information: “Hashtags are written in the description come on the top of the title while playing the video in blue color linked mark. This also gives an idea to the viewer what the video is about and makes it easy for youtube to categorize and show this video to the viewer in suggested videos.”:
⭕Provide social links in the description box: For example link of your Facebook page, your website link, your Instagram handle, etc.
⭕Provide subtitles in different languages: Subtitles in different languages improve SEO and increase views on your video. It also increases your ranking on google search for relevant keywords. Even in a study, it was found that captioned YouTube videos saw a 13.48% increase in views within the first 14 days they were posted. The lifetime benefit of closed captioning videos was also measured. They say a captioned video has 7.32% more views on YouTube than uncaptioned videos. Therefore, put subtitles in your video in different languages to increase the reach and views of the video.
Tip: Closed captions allow you to share your videos with a larger audience, including deaf or hard-of-hearing viewers and viewers who speak another language.
⭕Provide end screen: Add end screens to the last 5–20 seconds of a video to promote your other videos, playlist, or channel. Encourage viewers to subscribe, like, and share, etc.
⭕Provide cards: It provides relevant information to your viewers related to the same video and enhances their experience. You can use different types of cards to customize your video. Such as video cards, playlist cards, channel cards, or link cards.
⭕Create Playlists for similar videos: Creating a playlist by the name or theme can benefit you in three ways:
- When someone visits your channel page, they can easily find the content of their choice. Since playlists make it easy to curate your content.
- Playlists automatically play all of the videos in that particular playlist. As a result, it increases the watch time of your videos.
- playlists rank for keywords that your audience searches for on YouTube. Hence, it enhances your SEO ranking.
How To Do Video Optimization For WEBSITE
- ☑️Embed the video link from a video platform like YouTube/ Vimeo instead of directly hosting on your website: Before doing it, let’s understand what hosting on a website means. It’s a snippet of code that can be placed on the website that displays as a video. Without hosting the original file, and embed code pulls the video from the original source and allows you to display a video on your website.
When your website has a heavy load, it can not browse faster. As a result, instead of increasing conversion, it drives away users.
But embedding videos help faster the load time on your website. One of the most important reasons to embed the video on your website is to minimize the effect on page speed and make the website page light. You can choose from a multitude of services for video hosting, including free options, like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
☑️Placement of the Video on the website: The placement of the video should always be on the top of the website home page. Often, people don’t scroll till the end of the website. So if you place the video at the end or middle, there are chances they people miss out on your video. Keeping video on the top of your home page/ above the fold becomes the center of the attraction and grabs viewers’ attention.
Duration of the video on the website: The duration of the video depends on the category of the page on the website. For instance, for a home page, 30 seconds to 90 seconds of video works well. For the about us page, or corporate and company videos, or Managing Director address, three to four minutes video works well. In case of testimonial video as well, consultant, coach, or any individual entity who is running a business in their own name, not a registered company, you can put a personal branding video on the top of your home page with the duration of two to three minutes.
Use H1 Title tag in video title: Let’s first understand in a layman language, what is an H1 title tag? The H1 title tag is like the title of a book or heading of every chapter in that book. By reading the title of the book, you get to know what the book is all about, and by knowing the heading of the particular chapter, you get to know what the chapter is all about.
Likewise, your H1 title should describe the topic of your page. Your h1 title tag should answer your user’s intent. Along with that, it should clearly indicate your intent as well.
What is your page all about, what information you are going to provide on your page, etc. Overall it should provide a good user experience.
Bonus Tip: Use a long-tail keyword in your H1 title tag, and use this H1 title as the main title of your video.
☑️Use a focused long-tail keyword in your h1. Google wants you to use a keyword in your h1 title tag. Why? So crawlers can understand better what the page is all about! If you don’t use a strong keyword in your h1, Google still finds out what the page is about, index it appropriately, and give you a nice rank. But why leave out the opportunity to give Google all of the information it needs and wants right in your website source code? Use a keyword — a long-tail keyword. In SEO language, it is called, H1 title.
Whenever you write a piece of content, you want to be asking the question to yourself. What does the user want when they open my article? What’s their intent?
Your h1 title with a long tail keyword should satisfy that intent.
Bonus tip: Your first 10 seconds of the video should satisfy the intent of your viewer.
- For directly embedded videos, use video alt tag
How to do Video Optimization For Vimeo
- Use long-tail keywords in the title & description
- Use tags
- Give a call to action at the end of the video & a description
- Use hashtags in the description
- Provide social links
How to do Video Optimization For Linkedin
- Directly upload video To upload video directly to LinkedIn, the content needs to be 10 minutes or less in length. If your video is longer than that, consider editing it to show the highlights and encourage viewers to watch the rest of the video on your website.
- In your LinkedIn post, explain why you’re sharing the video, tag people in the video, add three relevant hashtags and invite viewers to comment and share your video. Remember to respond to every comment you receive.
- Also, make sure you add captions for people who are watching with the sound off. LinkedIn lets you add an SRT file when you upload the video. Click on Edit and the options to add your video caption file and a thumbnail will appear.
- Create attractive thumbnail
- Use captions at the top
- Provide hashtags (definitely use suggested hashtags)
- Provide social links
- Use subtitles in different language
- If you share a link from youtube to any other platform, the video title will appear. Thus use keywords in the youtube title & description
- Use the square video for posts
- For stories, use vertical videos
How to do Video Optimization For Email Marketing
- Use the word “Video” in the subject line
- Use promotional email marketing platforms like Mailchimp
- Embed direct link from youtube/ video platform
- Normal email, link thumbnail image to video
- Use video in the email signature
How to do Video Optimization For E-commerce Website
- Use the long-tail keywords in the title & description
- Provide social links & Website Link
- Provide local search website
- Use the long-tail keywords in the title & description